Welcome to Selborne Church of England Primary School
We are a small village primary school with 4 classes and 105 children. We value our denominational status and strongly believe that it contributes to our ethos and sense of community. Our recent SIAMS inspection for Church Schools graded us as Outstanding. Our last Ofsted inspection of the school states that spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is a strength of the school.
We aim to provide an excellent education by;
- Valuing each child as unique, and recognising and celebrating each child’s talents and potential.
- Establishing a happy and caring community based on Christian principles, where strong relationships are developed and all individuals are nurtured and encouraged.
- Providing a stimulating learning environment, where a challenging and wide curriculum is presented, through a range of creative and first hand experiences; where a love of learning is fostered and where individuals strive to achieve high academic, spiritual, moral, social and cultural standards.
- Encouraging children to compete in a sportsmanlike manner through their involvement in a House system. Each house is identified by local places of interest; Zig-Zag, The Wakes, Church Meadow and Lion’s Mouth.
- Welcoming and encouraging the involvement of parents in the life of the school; working together in partnership to meet the needs of their children, and ensuring that their children develop the life skills needed to become responsible citizens in the 21st Century.
We are a busy, friendly school, with lots going on. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing up to date information for parents, pupils and the wider community.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find the information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have.